Real Estate Transactions
We advise national and international financial investors as well as the public sector, whether on the buyer’s or seller’s side, on all types of real estate transactions, including the structuring of real estate portfolios and real estate-based infrastructural facilities, sale-and-lease-back transactions, and the acquisition of performing and non-performing loans.
Our advice includes:
- Pre-transaction due diligence procedures and execution
- Advice and assistance with pre-transaction contract award procedures and antitrust reviews
- Corporate and tax structuring
- Structuring and negotiating transaction agreements and related documents in connection with real estate-related asset and share deals, and
- Structuring and negotiating acquisition financing and collateral agreements.
The restructuring of real estate investments is another focal point of our practice. A large number of real estate loans will fall due in the next few years, and the refinancing of these loans will give rise to major challenges. We offer our clients advice on all legal and tax issues. This involves not only the restructuring of the debt through refinancing, subordination agreements, loan buy-backs, or debt-for-equity swaps, but also advising the various creditor groups involved. Our advice includes analysis of the impact of the crisis on lease agreements and of possible ways of realizing existing collateral, in particular the realization of mortgages by way of foreclosure or sale of the property on the open market. We are also experienced in the increasingly important implementation of trust structures and in the structuring of distressed real estate purchases or purchases out of insolvency.